We're here to help
A specialist insurance broker that makes a difference…
We make a difference so you can make a difference
We're an experienced insurance broker that understands the needs of charities, community groups and businesses. We know that you need insurance policies you can trust. That’s why we work hard to find simple solutions to complex needs. We offer specialist services to Scouts, Girlguiding, the Boys’ Brigade, charities, community groups, not-for-profit organisations and businesses; all with an experienced and empathetic approach to our customers.
We're owned by the Scouts, a charity in its own right, and like them we understand the importance of making a difference to the lives of others. We share the same values of integrity, respect, care, belief and cooperation.
See our blog post:
'Unity act in our best interests. If I have had a query, staff have been knowledgeable and helpful. Confidence in the company and its staff to deliver a fantastic service.´
1st Lydiate (St Thomas) Scout Group
Finding the right insurance for you.
Unity Insurance Services is your friendly specialist insurance broker. We’re here to help with the insurance needs of Scouts and those in the not-for-profit sector. We can help you with everything from protecting your people, through to protecting the buildings, vehicles and data they use. We understand your needs, making insurance easy so you can focus on making a difference to the lives of others.
We’ve learnt a lot over our 80 year history and we believe there’s no such thing as a silly question. How do you insure a camel anyway?
We’re a UK based company, here to support and advise you, making sure you’ve got the right insurance. For over 80 years we’ve provided bespoke policies and protection to the Scouts as well as to Girlguiding, the Boys’ Brigade and many other charities in the UK. We’re a wholly owned subsidiary of the Scouts returning funds to help young people learn skills for life.
Our promise to you
We put people first and our customers are at the heart of everything we do. From guiding new customers through their insurance options, to helping them with the claims process and everything in between.
We’re passionate about delivering exceptional customer experience and going the extra mile to ensure we exceed your expectations.
- are friendly, approachable and flexible
- are available to talk, on the phone, or by email, from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. (Outside these hours please leave us a message or email us, and we will call you back, when our office is open.)
- provide expert advice and protection
- are the authority on Scout insurance
- are competitively priced and generate profits for the Scouts, helping to change lives
- provide the best possible customer service
- survey our customers regularly for feedback.
And here’s how we’re doing:
What our customers think of us
- 90% were very satisfied or satisfied with the service from us.
- 88% have already or are very likely or likely to recommend us.
(based on 302 replies to our survey from May to December 2019).