Engineering insurance for charities

Engineering insurance for charities

Does your charity operate plant and machinery or lifts?

If your charity has plant or machinery including zip wires, passenger lifts and boilers (other than domestic central heating boilers), by law these items need regular inspection by a competent person. 

You can take out Engineering Inspection Insurance which provides an inspection service. 

If a lift cables snaps or a boiler blows up it may also cause damage to the surrounding area as well as the boiler/lift and shaft.  You can also insure the equipment for damage and surrounding property.

Engineering insurance

What is covered?*

An engineering inspection and insurance policy can cover:
Statutory inspections of plant, equipment and passenger lifts
Sudden and unforeseen damage, including theft of plant and equipment 
Damage to surrounding property following the explosion of steam and pressure vessels and industrial boilers.

What is not covered?

The cover of vehicles for road use should be more specifically insured by a motor insurance policy.

* subject to policy terms and conditions 

Call our experts to get an engineering insurance quote

Call our experts to get a quote

Call us:


'It was an absolute pleasure working with you. It is rare to find a broker so thoroughly involved in a claim but also help things run smoothly between all parties concerned. You made what was a horribly complex and sensitive claim much easier to settle.'

Major Loss Cosultant, Aviva