Minibus and motor insurance  for charities

Minibus and motor insurance for charities

Does your charity need motor insurance?

If you own or operate motor vehicles, you must comply with the Road Traffic Act – including the requirement to take out insurance against third party injury and property damage.

Motor and minibus insurance

We can arrange motor insurance to cover vehicles owned by your charity like minibuses, vans and other vehicles.

What’s covered*?

  • Comprehensive policies come with a higher excess but substantially protect vehicles owned by your business or in its custody from accidental damage
  • Third party fire and theft policies extend fire and theft cover to a third party only policy
  • Third party only policies are legally required in the United Kingdom and only protect against injury, loss or damage to third parties.

* subject to policy terms and conditions 


We can also arrange short period motor insurance, which is ideal for charities hiring or borrowing vehicles such as a minibus.

Other considerations

If employees, volunteers or trustees use their own personal vehicles on charity business, you must also make sure that the vehicle owner’s insurance covers such use. If it doesn’t, they might need to purchase additional premiums.

'Insurance taylored to our requirements, very helpful staff.'

The Friends of Moggerhanger Village Hall

Call our team to get a quote

Call our team to get a quote


Call me:

0345 040 7731